Table of Contents
pmkissan. gov. in – An Indian Central Sector Program called Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM-Kisan) supports the income of landholding farmers’ families. This program offers farmers additional financial assistance so they can buy various inputs for agriculture, associated activities, and their own household needs.
All landholding farmer households with arable land are given income support by PM-Kisan. The Government of India provides all financing for this program. It attempts to augment farmers’ financial need for purchasing agricultural supplies in order to ensure proper crop health and suitable output.
Families of farmers who qualify for financial assistance under the scheme’s rules are identified by the State Government and UT administration. Under this arrangement, after the beneficiaries are determined, the cash is sent straight to their bank accounts.
Goal of the PM Kisan Yojana
Farmers are one of the most important segments of society, and agriculture is a significant component of India’s economy. However, farming communities have frequently battled with financial prosperity due to socio-economic differences that exist between urban and rural areas of the country. Since India’s independence, a larger portion of its population has been troubled by this problem.
The federal and state governments have worked tirelessly to improve these neighborhoods through a number of programs designed to address this social and economic issue. The Indian government started the PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana in 2018 to aid these villages.
On August 9, 2020, the Indian government released the sixth installment of this program, which was received by roughly 8.5 crore farmers. According to its goals, this project attempts to assist about 125 million farmers in India, especially those who are marginal or small-scale.
PM-Kisan Yojana Key points
- A central sector program called PM Kisan receives all of its funding from the Indian government.
- It started operating on December 1, 2018.
- The scheme provides a $6,000 income aid to all land-holding farmer households in three equal installments each year.
- The plan defines a family as consisting of a husband, a wife, and minor children.
- Which farmer households are eligible for help under the provisions of the program will be decided by the UT administration and the state government.
- The beneficiaries’ bank accounts will receive a direct deposit of the money.
- For the scheme, there are numerous Exclusion Categories.
How Did the Plan Take Effect?
2018 saw the launch of the Ryuthu Bandhu scheme by the Telangana government. A set amount was distributed by the state government twice a year as part of this project to support a farmer’s investment in agriculture. This initiative’s direct advantages for farmers were widely acknowledged and praised.
The Indian government followed suit and introduced a comparable Farmer’s Investment Support Scheme to provide money to farmers all around the country. On December 1st, 2018, the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana went into force. According to the government’s first declaration, this program will receive Rs. 75000 crore per year.
What Characteristics Does the PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana Have?
The following informational resources address some of the important aspects of this scheme:
The support it offers farmers for their minimum income is this Yojana’s key element. In India, every qualifying farmer family is entitled to a yearly payment of Rs. 6000. The money isn’t given out all at once, though.
Instead, it is spread out into three equal payments that are spaced four months apart. Thus, each farmer gets Rs. 2000 every four months. Beneficiaries may use this sum in a variety of ways. Pradhan the Mantri Kisan Samman No usage restriction is expressly defined in the Nidhi Yojana criteria.
PMKSNY is a farmer support program funded by the Indian government. As a result, the Indian government provides all of its funding. It initially said that a reserve of Rs. 75,000 crore will be allocated to this project annually.
On August 9, 2020, it used Direct Benefit Transfer, or DBT, to deposit the most recent installment of Rs. 17,000 crore into the bank accounts of the scheme’s beneficiaries.
Identification of the Party
The GOI is in charge of funding, but it is not in charge of determining who will receive the money. Instead, the State and Union Territory administrations are in charge of it.
Which farmer households will profit from the program will be determined by these governments. It is important to note that a farmer’s family must contain of a husband, wife, and small kid or children in accordance with the PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana definition.
Who Qualifies for the PM Kisan Program?
Its qualifying requirements are one of the most important aspects of this government program. Farmer households who meet these requirements can take advantage of this Yojana:
- PMKSNY is open to small and marginal farmers.
- Families of farmers who own arable land are eligible to qualify for the advantages of this program.
- The recipient must be an Indian national.
In addition to this, farmers from both urban and rural areas may apply to join the Pradhanmantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana. However, according to its rules, some groups of people are not eligible to receive benefits.
Who Is Not Covered by PMKSNY?
Under the PM Kisan program, not all farmers are eligible to receive financial aid. The following list of categories of people has been provided:
- No institutional landholder is permitted to participate in this startup.
- Farmer relations with one or more of their members meeting the requirements below are also ineligible:
- Those who currently hold or have held a constitutional position.
- People who work for or have worked in any government ministry, department, office, or field unit as staff members or officials.
- Anyone who has had a position of authority or employment in a psu (public sector undertaking), including those that are autonomous bodies that fall under the government.
- Regular personnel of regional governments.
- Ministers in both the central and state governments, present and past.
- Members of rajya sabha and lok sabha, both current and past.
- Members of the state legislative assembly and state legislative councils, both current and past.
- Any district panchayat chairperson, past or current.
- Mayors past and present of any municipal corporation.
- The Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana is not available to anyone or their family who submitted income taxes in the preceding Assessment Year (AY).
- This program is not available to anyone who has retired or reached retirement age and receives a monthly pension of Rs. 10,000 or more. It does not, however, apply if the pensioner is a member of a multitasking team, a Class IV employee, or a Group D employee.
- Families with professionals who work in their respective specialties, such as doctors, engineers, chartered accountants, lawyers, and architects, are also disqualified for this program.
How Can I Sign Up for the PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana?
People who meet the requirements for this program as stated above can register themselves as beneficiaries in the following ways:
- PMKSNY nodal officials must be proposed by the governments of each State. People can approach them to sign up for this program.
- To register, eligible farmers can also speak with their neighborhood patwaris or revenue authorities.
- By paying a charge, it is also possible to sign up for this program through the Common Service Centers (CSCs).
In addition to these, people can register for the Pradhan Mantri Kisan online through a specific portal. To begin, one must go to the official website of PMKSNY and select the “New Farmer Registration” option under the Farmer’s Corner heading.
By selecting the “Status of Self-registered/CSC farmers” option under Farmer’s Corner, farmers who self-register and enroll via a CSC can view their PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana status.
What paperwork is needed to register?
Those interested in becoming beneficiaries of this program must submit the necessary paperwork:
- Aadhaar Card Citizenship Document
- Documents attesting to land ownership Bank account information
- If registering online, people will need to upload scanned copies of these documents.
How can I check my eligibility for the PM Kisan Scheme?
The government of India (GOI) distributes the yearly minimum income support of Rs. 6000 in three installments, as was previously announced. Enlisted farmers can verify their PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana status online in the event that they did not get their payment on time.
The steps are as follows:
- Visit the PMKSNY website in step 1.
- In Step 2, select “Beneficiary Status” from the Farmer’s Corner menu.
- Step 3: Type in your Aadhaar, registered mobile, or account number.
Any of the aforementioned numbers can be used to view the status of a receipt by users.
Through its portal, people can also determine whether they are on the Beneficiary List for this plan in their village. To do that, one must take the following actions:
- First, under Farmer’s Corner, select the option labeled list of Beneficiaries.
- Step 2: Click Get Report after selecting the State, the District and Sub-District, the Block, and the Village.
The Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana list for that village is then available to view. These are all the details concerning the scheme’s status that are required. Those who haven’t signed up yet might do so to get the next payment of Rs. 2000.
The PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana was released when?
Three times a year, the PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana is released.
What are the Benefits of the PM-Kisan Scheme?
No matter how much land they own, all farmer families with cultivable land in their names are eligible for income assistance of Rs. 6,000 per year under the PM-Kisan program.
Every year, Rs. 6,000 is distributed in three equal installments as follows:
Installment Payment Period
- 2,000 April-July
- 2,000 August-November
- 2,000 December-March
What is the process of Online Registration for PM-Kisan?
The PM-Kisan scheme’s online registration process is as follows:
- Visit the PM-Kisan website.
- Click on the ‘New Farmer Registration’ link in the ‘Farmers Corner’ at the bottom of the page.
- The ‘New Farmer Registration Form’ page will now load. If the farmer is already registered on the portal, it will be confirmed on the registration page.
- The farmer must choose the “Rural Farmer Registration” or “Urban Farmer Registration” option, enter their Aadhar number, choose their state from the drop-down menu, complete the captcha, and then click the “Search” button to have their information verified.
- The screen will ask if you wish to register yourself and display a confirmation if the farmer’s information cannot be found in the database. The ‘Yes’ tab needs to be selected by the farmer.
- The registration form will then open, requiring the farmer to enter their personal and financial information before pressing the “save” button.
- The farmer must follow the instructions on the page to finish the registration process.
What Documents Needed to Register as a PM-Kisan?
- Aadhaar card citizenship proof
- Documents proving land ownership
- Specifics of the bank account
Will the recipients’ accounts be directly debited with the PM-Kisan plan benefit?
Direct bank account credits in the amount of Rs. 2,000 per installment would be made to the beneficiaries.
Are farmers who live in urban areas eligible for the PM-Kisan program’s benefits?
Yes. The program makes no distinction between cultivable land in rural and urban areas. Therefore, given that the lands located in urban regions are actually under cultivation, both farmers located in urban and rural areas are covered under the program.
Can farmers use the PM-Kisan program to offset the usage of agricultural land for non-agricultural purposes?
No, the program does not cover agricultural land utilized for non-agricultural purposes. Only farmers who own property that can be used for agriculture are eligible to receive incentives under the program.
Know the PM-Kisan Assistance Line
Farmers can contact the PM-Kisan Helpline at 155261/011-24300606.